Wednesday 10 February 2010

Working Title "Lance The Seahorse"

'Lance had always had dreams. Some people may tell you that seahorses don't dream, well I'll tell you there are exceptions to every rule and Lance was just that, an exception.'

Meet Lance. Isn't he pretty looking!? He is one seahorse who has ambitions beyond his ocean dwelling. His biggest wish is to, one day, become a real horse. Will his wish ever come true?

Using a simplistic style and 12 frames per second stop motion illustrated animation I want the piece to look extremely stylised and have a "rough around the edges" look but maintain enough charm to communicate the narrative. The narrative has been written as a short story which will be read by a narrator whilst the animation plays.

As much as I said I didn't want my final university project to be character based considering the sheer amount of time I spent on Factory Defaults I have decided that this project is, surprise surprise, character based. YAY for characters and the amount of time I will have to put in to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment