Monday 15 February 2010

Inspiration 2.0

Lance The Seahorse will be a illustrated cell animation so inspiration for the piece is vast. I'll start with my earliest inspiration. For me, like any kid, Disney played a huge part in my childhood (I went to the cinema 6 times to see the Lion King) and Fantasia's sequence under the sea is as good as it gets. I could go in to why it's an inspiration but it's pretty obvious being set under water and all.

Why not take a look and see?


The animation is incredible. This was in the 1940's, no CGI, only amazing talent. The animators had to be so aware of 3D space and how the subjects would work within it let alone considering the frame rates, pace, edits and everything else. This piece gives me inspiration for my own animation and to one day be able to do this kind of animation without CGI.

No comments:

Post a Comment